Mixet tub/shower valve questions...

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by Sandpiper Plumbing, May 4, 2008.

1. Hello all, new member, found this forum while researching Mixet. GOtta admit, I've never run into one before. Been doing plumbing service and repair for 10 years, five in New Jersey and five in south Florida and haven't ever had to take apart a Mixet tub valve before.
    I was called to a customers condo yesterday with a "no cold water in the tub or shower" condition and found Mixet valves. The interesting thing is, the condo is only aprox 3 years old and I was under the impression that Mixet went out of business long before that.
    So, should I attempt repair or should I just recommend replacing the valves?
    How long ago did Mixet go out of business?
  2. Redwood

Redwood Master Plumber

Sounds like they got a deal on the closeout sale at the supply house! Parts are available including a No-Mix cartridge. Working on them? Better you than me!:D
  3. very expensive..

I have a mixit cartridge in my truck,
    it cost me about 50 bucks and I was
    prety dissapointed with the one I tried to repair...

you are better off to either walk away or sell them
    a Delta ...