Minimum height requirement for a kitchen sink lateral drain?

Users who are viewing this thread

Speede541

Reaction score
Let me try to put my question in simple terms, because it's kind of convoluted and I can't post a sketch at the moment.

Basically, is there any restriction against running a 2" kitchen sink drain line horizontally about 6 inches above the floor?

The drain inlet will be set at a conventional height, where it will be vented immediately (sani-tee), drop vertically to a long sweep 90, and travel about 4 feet (6" above the floor) where it joins another vertical drain line, which it will connect to via a combo wye.

(Edit) ...and since I have to connect to the vertical stack at such a low height, is it OK to place the cleanout above my combo wye, rather than below it? I'm anticipating having to put a second cleanout under the drain inlet under the sink. I do have another cleanout on this particular line on the floor below.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks