Mid-Range Dishwasher Recommendations?

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by pdx.drippy, Jun 4, 2012.

1. pdx.drippy

pdx.drippy New Member

I'm taking a chance that plumbers might be able to recommend a decent mid-range dishwasher?
    I have a rental & bought the cheapest 1 I could & that didn't workout so well...

I'm thinking in the $5 to $600 range... Bosch? I dunnnooo...

any recommendations?
    thanks if so...sorrry if i'm in the wrong forum...
  2. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

Personally, I stay away from Bosch, but their reputation is good.

In Whirlpool and GE....the brands I stay with.... $600 gets you something well to the upper end of "mid range"
  3. pdx.drippy

pdx.drippy New Member

thanks jimbo, appreciate the info...
  4. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

Do not buy the cheapest, but also only buy one with the "bells and whistles" you will really use. ANd no plastic "drum" either.
  5. Gary Swart

Gary Swart In the Trades

I have a Bosch and it is fantastic. Not going to knock other brands, but Bosch sure works for me.
  6. DonL

DonL Jack of all trades Master of one

The only thing in the $5 range would be Dawn and works as good as any.