McPherson pump up toilet

Users who are viewing this thread

Mad Plumber

Mad Skills
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
I have a Mc Pherson pump up toilet for last 15 years,works well until last week water began to pour our from the wall board.Removed some wall board and found a 2 3/8 diameter plastic bottle that screws in top of the main valve that is used to flush toilet ,this bottle has a 1/2 inch hole near it's bottom from which water was gushing,obviously something was in the hole and blew out but since i couldn"t find any parts, i have no idea what was in the hole,even if it was laying in front of me.Lable on bottle calls it"health guard vacum braker","anti siphon",and some other things.Can anyone tell me what goes in the 1/2 inch hole
thanks fred

Last edited by a moderator:

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Sounds like an air admittance valve used in place of a real vent, and you now have the privelege of being the poster boy for why plumbers recommend against these.

We would like a picture of your specific situation. Most likely, that "bottle thing" just needs to be replaced.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks