Maybe some Electricians can help with this...

Discussion in 'Electrical Forum discussion & Blog' started by owensands, Mar 10, 2008.

1. owensands

owensands New Member

At our home I have two outlets inside the garage that are now since a week ago non functional. I have checked all the circuitbreakers to no avail and there is another outlet in our garage which has the garge door opener plugged into it and that is working fine. Also there is a light in the garage that is fine. The two outlets just stopped working out of the blue. One of the outlets had our dog fence plugged into it and now we have to run an extension cord into our home so those damn dogs dont escape! :eek:
    Any help would be very appreciative. :)

Thanks in advance!
  2. Alectrician

Alectrician DIY Senior Member

Tripped GFCI in the nearest bathroom or possibly outside
  3. Chris75

Chris75 Electrician

I agree, you have a tripped GFI, check the panel for a gfi breaker, then check everywhere else in the house... :D
  4. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

Gfci

Check the outdoor outlets to see if one of them feeds into the garage and is tripped. Your doggie's fence could have tripped one of the outlets.
  5. owensands

owensands New Member

Man you guys are good! It was the one in the bathroom! THANKS SO MUCH!:D
  6. Alectrician

Send me 85 bucks !!
  7. Mikey

Mikey Aspiring Old Fart, EE, computer & networking geek

Now THERE's an hourly rate to be envious of!
  8. hj

Really?

Now THERE's an hourly rate to be envious of!

If you want to go broke. I had one customer who had their freezer shut down and lost everything in it. The outlet was dead and they couldn't activate it. I looked everywhere because I was sure it was a tripped GFCI. I found it low on a bathroom wall underneath a bench. They didn't even know the outlet was there. It is also the reason I tell people not to plug appliances, especially critical ones, into a GFCI.
    [​IMG]
  9. Alectrician

I will do online service calls all day long for 85 bucks.

I wouldn't even have to put my pants on.:cool:
  10. hj

price

I only have one price and it does not fluctuate regardless of whether I have to get dressed or not, or how quickly the job gets done. And the price is not $85.00, although one contractor says I charge like a lawyer,