Max number of conductors in 3/8 FMC

Users who are viewing this thread

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
efb70fcb-8dae-49c1-9fbb-51108a101f6f

I'm doing wiring job in my garage to add one outlet for a refrigerator (17 Cu Ft) and a ceiling outlet for 2 LED shop lights at 35 watts each. Today, I ran 4 conductors (THHN) inside a 3/8" FMC and it was quite a chore. One of each, Grn, Wht, Blk, Red. The FMC is only about 6 ft long from a wire mold channel to a 4" octagon juncture box. The refrigerator will be on its own 15 amp breaker (red wire) and the ceiling outlet (about 9 ft off the garage floor) will be a switch circuit from a recently added breaker for extra outlets over the work bench.

Question: The chart below reads 3 or 4 conductors depending on internal or external connectors. What is defined as internal or external connectors?

upload_2016-10-19_22-17-58.png

Stuff

Reaction score
Never dealt with that as always have MC cable but guess is internal connector is one of those that screws into the end of the FMC. External would be normal clamp type connector.

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
My assumption is these are external connectors and internal would be the clamp type inside electrical boxes? I used the one on the left side of the image.

Connectors.png

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks