Max length on flexible/braided faucet supply line?

Discussion in 'Plumbing Code Questions' started by bucky, Aug 26, 2012.

1. bucky

bucky New Member

I think it's 30" right? I built a bar in my basement and the rough in for the plumbing had to come into the side of the counter/cabinets. It's a solid 30" from the rough in to the center of the counter where the sink will be plus the upward travel. I could definitely make it with 48" but not 30".

Here's some pictures.
    http://www.patrickdaley.com/sink.png - sketch
    http://www.patrickdaley.com/sink2.jpg - actual picture

I could definitely elbow some copper into the cabinet but it seems to be like this would really get in the way and be more hazardous than running 48" of braided/flex.

PS - I do have a plumber and everything was roughed in to code, the sink is vented, etc. I'm just trying to get some ideas of what could be done before I give him a call and get on the clock.
  2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

That still works, the 30" to center. They make up to 60" flex connectors. Most of those are 3/8" OD ends.
    I would just hook the thing up the way it's roughed in now.
  3. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

Dishwasher hoses come in 48", 60", and 72". You can couple them to a standard 16" faucet supply line to make any length you need. The length of the supply line is NOT a code issue. Let the plumber do his job and do not try to tell him HOW to do it.
  4. bucky

bucky New Member

I promise I will not get in my plumber's way. :) I'm amazed that code doesn't set a max length for faucet supply lines; good news for me, though. Thanks for the info guys!
  5. bucky

bucky New Member

Bummer; after talking with the AHJ there is a 30" maximum and they gave me the code reference. Guess I'll be running some copper.