Matching Toto Clayton with Memoirs suite

Users who are viewing this thread

Taylor

Reaction score
Thanks to this great board, I'm going to chuck my Kohler Memoirs toilet. But I am committed to Memoirs bathtub and lavatory. So questions:

- It seems that the Clayton style matches that of Memoirs, can anyone with more experience comment on this?

- Does the Clayton Bone color match the Kohler Biscuit?

- The rough-in for the toilet drain is 14" from the wall (without drywall), any issues using the Unifit to get the correct 12-1/2" from unfinished wall?

Thanks again for a great board!

Taylor

Reaction score
- Does the Clayton Bone color match the Kohler Biscuit?

Answering my own question, Terry's on-line store describes the Sedona Beige as Biscuit. Anyone have experience matching the Toto Beige with Kohler Biscuit?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
cst784_01.jpg

Toto Clayton

Sedona Beige as Biscuit

They work well together.
I sell a lot of the Beige for bathrooms with the Kohler Biscuit.

Last edited:

Taylor

Reaction score
Bad news

the rough-in for the toilet drain is 14" from the wall (without drywall), any issues using the Unifit to get the correct 12-1/2" from unfinished wall?

Plumbing supply house tells me Unifit won't work with Clayton, only with toilets with the skirt. Bummer.

Any advice on whether I should worry about being out 13-1/2" (after DW) is appreciated. Not sure if would be overkill to bring out the wall behind the toilet by 1-1/2" (there is door behind on left, tub alcove on right).

In case you're wondering, rough-in was done by a reputable plumber.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I wouldn't move the rough-in.
Plumber may have moved it to miss a floor joist.

A little extra space behind will be fine.
If you want to pull the bowl back, something with a skirt and 14" will move it, but the 12" Clayton should be fine.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks