Matching American Standard, Kohler, Toto color in Bone-almond and Linen-biscuit-beige

Users who are viewing this thread

Lion

Reaction score
Yep! Took the lids off each and compared them under the lighting in both rooms and even other rooms and they are different.

Last edited:

PatB

Reaction score
Help! It's the color question, again...

I read your earlier posts about bath fixture colors, which were initially most helpful. But now I'm really confused. I'm trying to match a new Kohler vanity sink with my current tub and toilet fixtures, which are American Standard bone. I went to a local Ferguson's and they suggested Kohler biscuit, rather than almond (which did look more taupe/tan on their color chart, than the AmerStandard bone sample I took with me to compare). I researched the colors further and found an online site for a company that supplies the dry pigment for bath fixtures (www.marblecolors.com). They had some pigment comparisons of AmerStandard, Toto, and Kohler. The Kohler almond they show is much darker than the American Standard bone. The Kohler biscuit seems to be a better match. I hate to order the wrong color sink, and the only Kohler fixtures our local retailers offer in their showrooms are white or biscuit. There was no almond to compare other than the color chart. Should I order Kohler almond or biscuit to match my American Standard bone? Help! --PatB

PS-- AS = American Standard and K = Kohler on the attached samples.

Attachments

• Colors AmStand vs Kohler.jpg
    Colors AmStand vs Kohler.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 88,998

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
American Standard Bone has always been a fairly close match to Kohler Almond and TOTO Bone.

American Standard Linen is the match to Kohler Biscuit and Toto Sedona Beige.

It has been this way for years. Perhaps the showroom that you go to needs to read this page. It would help their confusion about colors.

Nickelboy

Reaction score
American Standard: Bone
Kohler: Almond
Toto: Bone
Mainly sold in the 80's

American Standard Linen
Kohler Biscuit
Toto Sedona Beige
A more recent color choice

American Standard old White
Kohler White
Toto Cotton White

American Standard New White, within the last few years.
Toto Colonial White​

How old is old? My American Standard stuff is 2002-2003. Should I go with Cotton or Colonial?

Last edited:

ShaunG305

Reaction score
So I have a kohler tub and I believe it is dune color the matching toilet is over 500$ so I was wondering what is the closest color match to kohlers dune? Thanks

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks