Master Water Equipment

Discussion in 'Water Softener Forum, problems, installation and r' started by nafterclifen, Oct 5, 2013.

1. nafterclifen

nafterclifen New Member

What is everyone's opinion of the brand Master - design, quality, longevity, support, etc?

Also, their MP-MCA on-demand unit is said to be build with a Clack valve. Can anyone confirm?

Thanks!
  2. Gary Slusser

Gary Slusser That's all folks!

Master Water Conditioning? From Pottstown PA? They have been in business for decades selling to many plumbing and well drilling supply houses, plumbers and drillers in PA and surrounding states. Possibly to some dealers too but I never heard of any.

http://masterwater.com/

I don't see any Clack valves and what I do see is Autotrol and I think Fleck but they look proprietary to me because the covers don't look like stock covers and, reading about the one that looks like a Fleck, the description sounds proprietary.
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2013
  3. nafterclifen

nafterclifen New Member

4. Tom Sawyer

Tom Sawyer In the Trades

Clack has turned out propriety valves for several companies like Lancaster and probably master water too?
  5. ditttohead

ditttohead Water systems designer, R&D

Correct, they are using proprietary Clack valves. I would recommend against proprietary equipment for a DIY'r. You are locked into their parts, so if a timer board fails, you could be out any amount of money they want to charge. The primary reason for proprietary equipment is to lock customers in.

I am sure the companies that have the proprietary valves will tell you it is so they can get "special proprietary features" that only their special valve has...

http://masterwater.com/wp-content/uploads/bsk-pdf-manager/64_MP-MCA-Metered-Softeners-Manual.pdf Here is a link to their system manual.
  6. nafterclifen

nafterclifen New Member

Thanks for the info, all.

Can anyone offer any input or comments on their UV equipment...are they in-line with other manufacturers (e.g. Sterilight, Atlantic UV, etc)? I did a search for replacement bulbs and found a few online options which I found to be positive.

What I'm really after is a product comparison matrix but I can't seem to find any.