Master shower water does not heat up

Users who are viewing this thread

Sam Grable

Reaction score
Hi there, hoping someone will have some insight. I am in a home that is about 2.5 years old. I have noticed that the water in the shower does not heat up to a comfortable heat in only the master shower. All other showers and faucets will get hot, even scalding (as we have turned up the heat on our water heater) but the master shower temp rarely gets hot enough for a comfortable shower. I have taken the valve cover off of the both showers to see if there is any kind of governor or regulator, but there are only the two pipes merging into one. Does anyone have any ideas of what is going wrong here or if there is anything I can do to correct this problem? Thanks, let me know if more info is needed.
Sam

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
You either have a flow problem (dirt, supply stop not fully open, etc.), or you need to adjust the stop to allow more hot water into the mix. This normally is some sort of stop for the handle. It could be a screw, a lever, a disk, or something similar that is preventing the handle from going further towards max hot.

Sam Grable

Reaction score
Thanks for the brand is Delta and it is the Monitor model I believe. It is a one valve control. Looking at the control, the off position is at three o'clock and the more you turn the lever counter clockwise, the warmer the water is supposed to be, with the max heat at the 12 o'clock position. I just to took the cover plate off and took a quick pic of the uncovered valve if you need to see it, here is the link. http://www.flickr.com/photos/samgrable/4252588067/

Let me know if you can see anything I don't or if you know anything to help. Thanks again.

Hackney plumbing

Homeowner
Reaction score
Thanks for the brand is Delta and it is the Monitor model I believe. It is a one valve control. Looking at the control, the off position is at three o'clock and the more you turn the lever counter clockwise, the warmer the water is supposed to be, with the max heat at the 12 o'clock position. I just to took the cover plate off and took a quick pic of the uncovered valve if you need to see it, here is the link. http://www.flickr.com/photos/samgrable/4252588067/

Let me know if you can see anything I don't or if you know anything to help. Thanks again.

Remove the handle and rotate the grey plastic or white plastic limit stop to the left for more hot flow,the farther to the left you rotate this limit the hotter your water will be. You could always remove a handle in the other bath to compare what your looking at because ones getting hot and ones not. The plumber or installer should have put instructions inside the vanity cabinet or a bear by closet with detailed instructions,it's a sticker. delta may have instructions on there website,I'm sure they do. You have a delta 13/14 series valve.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks