Master Plumber and hot water heater swap out

Users who are viewing this thread

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Now, if a permit was pulled (I assume it wasn't), like it should have been, it would have been done right the first time. It may have cost you more, but then you'd be legal, protected, and not have had to go through all this aggravation. Personally, I'd ask him if he'd like to discuss it with the local plumbing inspector.

Augusta

Reaction score
...only in theory.

Now, if a permit was pulled (I assume it wasn't), like it should have been,
Heck if I know. Hold that thought, though.
it would have been done right the first time.
Negative. Have you seen the work that Augusta residential inspections passes? That's what I've been trying to say here in every thread.
In Augusta:
Absolutely no difference in quality of work from a Handyman or a licensed Master Plumber.
Inspections: When I get caught up, I'm going to see if I can quickly put up a shower that passed inspection on new residential construction. You tell me if it was "done right" by ANY standard you've seen outside of Augusta (IPC, UPC, your opinion, your 6 year old son's opinion, take your pick).

It may have cost you more,
If it costs more - it just costs more. No better work at the end of it all. Only difference is add about 1 week to completion while scheduling in a time for the inspector to come out.
but then you'd be legal, protected,
Ah, correct on that one. I most certainly would be legal. That's really all I have to look forward to. I *always* want to be legal in business.
and not have had to go through all this aggravation.
See above. Same aggravation, just extend the completion time by one week.
Personally, I'd ask him if he'd like to discuss it with the local plumbing inspector.
See above again. I would only be so lucky if the Plumbing inspector had some sort of personality conflict beef with a Master Plumber.

All the Master Plumber would need to do is call the inspector before I do, let him know that I'm this PITA, and that he's trying to make things right (poor him). He'd be "diffusing the bomb" so to speak. Inspector tells him to correct work while Master Plumber makes excuses. No penalty. Business goes on as usual. I've seen this year, after year, after year, after year.

Standards and expectations here are lower than what I've been posting. Keep in mind, I'm not looking for something bad, nor am I skipping the good and only showing you the bad. There's nothing good to show you from Augusta Plumbers. Now, electrical inspections are another story. That one is kind of hit and miss. Plumbing - hopeless.

Know what my best bet is? Either learn how to do it myself, or post it here for some of you guys to correct.

Augusta

Reaction score
gotta find humor somehow...

Just sent Plumber an invoice for my time. Hope he has the same look on his face as I did when I saw his second invoice. I gave him a discount, so that should make things right.

[Snapshot of my invoice:]
invoice to plumber.jpg

Last edited:

Master Plumber Mark

Sensitivity trainer and plumber of mens souls
Reaction score
indianapolis indiana - land of the free, home of
Website
www.weilhammerplumbing.com
are you on medication?? do you hear voices or see dead people???

Just sent Plumber an invoice for my time. Hope he has the same look on his face as I did when I saw his second invoice. I gave him a discount, so that should make things right.

[Snapshot of my invoice:]
View attachment 12844

are you on medication?? do you hear voices or see dead people??

you are a hoot.... actually you are the "customer from hell"
that most plumbers try to avoid like scabies......

If I had done the job it would have been right from the start, but I honestly get the feeling after reading your last two posts that you would still have a hair up your ass about something.....
or perhaps maybe not...

Either way, I would rather just give your money back to you than get into a pissing and whineing contest about this water heater.... and have you post a complaint on angies list or the BBB...... .

that is really what the plumber should do... just give you back your money and move on before it gets out of hand.......

yeee hawwwww..

?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Mark,
He's never posted the business name of any of the plumbers or contractors that he's used.
He's just posted here to find out if the work is how it's normally done.
I know that your work is much better then the pictures he's posting. I don't know why you are defending sloppy work. It's nothing like the quality of work that you do.
I've seen the pictures of your work Mark, and it's professional. If you were in Atlanta, and doing the work, it would have been right.

I mean, look at the old flexes the plumber reused, and then he gooped up the nipples to keep them from leaking. If he had used new flex, with new seals, there would have been no reason to "fix" the leak with pipe dope. I never use tape or pipe dope where the connector threads on. What planet was his plumber on?

attachment.php

Augusta

Reaction score
I knew it wouldn't be long before the foul mouthed hater was back. You can't resist, can you?

are you on medication?? do you hear voices or see dead people??

APPLAUSE - Finally you get something. It's meant to be crazy. It's just as crazy as his second invoice. It's also an attempt at humor - even labeled as such.

you are a hoot.... actually you are the "customer from hell"

that most plumbers try to avoid like scabies......
Yeah, that makes sense. And you are a typical plumber. You'll be visiting me on isle 32 once you beg a Box Store for a plumbing job in the near future. Of course I'm the PITA. Of course. I expect a simple job done right the first time, and to code. When a Plumber takes 23 days to do a 2 hour job, while I lose money, I have no right to be frustrated. So you sound reasonable, and I don't? Ok there buddy. Whatever you say. If I need medication, I'd like some of the meds your wife is taking to put up with you. That should do the trick. Can you help me out?

If I had done the job it would have been right from the start,

Sure you would have done the job right, buddy. I could tell the quality of your work after this post of yours:
4. The PVC issue is basiacally a joke .... it will work ok for probably 100 years... but the cpvc is what you are supposed to use if it gets inspected....
but I honestly get the feeling after reading your last two posts that you would still have a hair up your ass about something.....
or perhaps maybe not...
I'm over it. I've sent him both checks. Of all posts in this thread, yours are the ones with the most emotions filled with insults. What's up with you and your discussion of my rear end, panties, etc? Strikes me as odd.

Either way, I would rather just give your money back to you than get into a pissing and whineing contest about this water heater.... and have you post a complaint on angies list or the BBB...... .
If you had any ability to apply some common sense, you'd see that I didn't even name the guy, his company, or who I am. Obviously, I mean him no harm. Poor Mark the "Master Plumber." It's really tiring explaining things to you. I'll tell you like I told the other hater plumber that posts here, don't like it, don't post in this thread. Yet you hang on to my every word. Keep posting your nonsense. You're actually supporting my points.

that is really what the plumber should do... just give you back your money and move on before it gets out of hand.......
Yeah, you got any more words of wisdom there, Gandhi? Maybe you could pry open one of those fortune cookies laying on your bedroom floor, and paste it here. It would be of more use to me than than your previous posts.

yeee hawwwww..

?
What a wealth of entertainment right there. Sure hope your plumbing is better than your grammar. Have a good one, buddy!

Master Plumber Mark

Sensitivity trainer and plumber of mens souls
Reaction score
indianapolis indiana - land of the free, home of
Website
www.weilhammerplumbing.com
yes Terry you are right

Mark,
He's never posted the business name of any of the plumbers or contractors that he's used.
He's just posted here to find out if the work is how it's normally done.
I know that your work is much better then the pictures he's posting. I don't know why you are defending sloppy work. It's nothing like the quality of work that you do.
I've seen the pictures of your work Mark, and it's professional. If you were in Atlanta, and doing the work, it would have been right.

I mean, look at the old flexes the plumber reused, and then he gooped up the nipples to keep them from leaking. If he had used new flex, with new seals, there would have been no reason to "fix" the leak with pipe dope. I never use tape or pipe dope where the connector threads on. What planet was his plumber on?

attachment.php

Of course you are absolutely right about the workmanship...terry..

I am just having fun with him........

I forgot about how bad it all looked from the get go
his best approach here is not to pay the fellow or ask for his
money back....

complain to the BBB or angies list if he is actually in business...

why attempt to send this guy a bill... that purpose will that serve????

I still get the gut feeling that this guy could still
be a "customer from hell"..

yee---haw.................

Last edited:

Ballvalve

General Engineering Contractor
Reaction score
I hope you plumbers are saving your old flex lines and valves. I just cashed in my collection for $4200 - $2.50 per pound.

I used to buy sheet copper for $1.75 per pound.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks