Mark 100 problem?

Discussion in 'Water Softener Forum, problems, installation and r' started by Flanadr11, Sep 12, 2012.

1. Flanadr11

Flanadr11 New Member

For a little over a week now we have been experiencing water flow problems. At times, you may end up with just a trickle for a few moments.....it does vary some. I bypassed the water softener yesterday and the flow to the house has never been better. There has not been one episode of poor flow since. Can anyone offer advice on what the potential problem is and a remedy. Thanks for any help.
  2. Akpsdvan

Akpsdvan In the Trades

Most likely there are a number of things going on between the valve body and the media in the tank.
    Has the system been using salt over the last few months with no change?
    There is one place for the culligan that if it gets some stuff in it the flow will go down hill.

Age of your system? City water or Well water? Pre filter before the culligan?
  3. Flanadr11

Flanadr11 New Member

No pre filter, city water, to the best of my knowledge 12 y/o system. It has been using salt over the last few months with no apparent problems.
  4. Akpsdvan

Akpsdvan In the Trades

I am not sure if Culligan used a part in the 100 like they did in the earlier systems, but the part is where the incoming water goes through the valve on its way into the media tank.
    The part was like a flow deflector and if there build up then it will choke off the water flow into the system.
  5. Flanadr11

Flanadr11 New Member

Thanks I will check that out in the morning.
  6. rjh2o

rjh2o Member

Most likely a plugged outlet manifold. Use to be a pretty common problem with Culligan units. Pull the outlet manifold, clean it and re-install
    RJ