Mansfield 35 flush valve or seal leak

Users who are viewing this thread

mschloss

Reaction score
I recently replaced the flush seal (the red one) and the fill valve for a Mansfield 35 toilet that is 18 years old. After the tank filled I shut the water supply off. Even though I couldn't hear it refilling or leaking, the tank is empty when I check it the following morning. Should I install a new Mansfield tower style flush valve or can I replace it with a Fluidmaster 507A or 507C flush valve? There doesn't seem to be a good seal with the flush seal. Thanks for your help.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
since I have not had that problem with a Mansfield toilet, I have to assume you did NOT position the seal at the bottom of the tower properly, or your seal is warped or otherwise defective.

mschloss

Reaction score
I made sure the seal was on correctly - placed on the upper ring. I thought that maybe the overflow tube was siphoning the tank so I pulled the tube out of the overflow last night. The tank was empty in the morning. I guess I'll buy another seal and try it again. If that doesn't work I'll replace the flush valve. If I do replace the flush valve would you recommend replacing with the same Mansfield tower flush valve or installing a different brand with a flapper instead? Thanks for the help.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks