Manifold help !

Users who are viewing this thread

ohliuw

Reaction score
I need some help as I have been unable to find a solution to my problem. I am building potable hot/water system using multilayer PERT/AL/PERT pipe. This is the ONLY pipe of this type available at that particular location - there is no standard PEX; other options are PVC and PPR.

The problem is that I need to find manifold to organize my pipes. The pipe manufacturer provides the standard brass pipe NPT fittings - 1/2, 3/4, 1", both female and male.

Ideally, I would like to use something like the Viega manabloc. However, the problem is that their fittings are only compatible with Viega's PEX pipe. Also, I thought I could simply use the manabloc and screw my fittings directly on the manabloc.

beacon_Pex_Manabloc.jpg

However, the thread on the manabloc's fixture ports are not standard NPT, rather some proprietary thread that can only be used with their fittings.

Does anyone know if similar manifold exists that uses NPT threads on the ports?

Worse come to worst, I could use something like this:

View attachment 20689

but I can't seem to find it for sale in the mainstream stores in North America. Is it called differently when made of brass and used for potable water? Any idea where I could find it?

Thanks a bunch!!!

ohliuw

Reaction score
One company which made Pex/Al/Pex ceased production for potable water and only uses it for heating systems, because of warranty issues.

Hi, this pipe is PERT/AL/PERT, and as I mentioned, it's my only choice at the location of my building project. The problem is that nobody in Thailand sells Pex tubing, and barely managed to find this guy who imports PAP. My choices are clear: either German PAP or Chinese PPR. This is a no brainer, just need to find manifold to go ahead :(

What sort of issues they had? I can't think why it would work for heating and not for potable system?

ohliuw

Reaction score
I also have a design question. I need to feed to 3 bathrooms and a kitchen. Which one is better - single manifold with many ports to feed all fixtures or one manifold that feeds 3 manifolds in each bathroom, and each of the bathroom manifolds feedding the fixtures in that area?

I've made some drawings, which one do think is better - Option 1 or Option 2?:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks