Man is accidentally shot by his own dog

Users who are viewing this thread

Cookie

Reaction score
Dogs are man's best friend. Except, you know, when they're shooting a gun at you.

And strangely enough, that's what really happened to a hapless dog owner in Brigham City, Utah. The man in question--a 46-year-old hunting enthusiast who is not named in local news reports on the incident--got a behind-full of birdshot courtesy of his loyal canine companion when he was out duck hunting over the weekend.

KSL.com reports the man and his dog were traveling in a canoe-like boat when the man stepped out into a shallow marsh to set up some decoys. His left his 12-gauge shotgun resting across the bow of the boat, according to Box Elder County Sheriff's Deputy Kevin Potter.

That's when the dog "did something to make the gun discharge," Potter said. "I don't know if the safety device was on. It's not impossible the dog could have taken it off safety."

Apparently excited to join his owner in the marsh, the dog jumped up on the boat's bow and stepped on the gun. The gun was fired, hitting the man in the buttocks with 27 pellets of birdshot.

The man promptly called 9-1-1, and is now reportedly recovering. Potter said that thanks to a well-positioned pair of waders--the hip-length rubber boots he was wearing at the time--the dog owner was able to avoid a more serious gunshot wound.

DonL

Jack of all trades Master of one
Reaction score
I guess You should never carry a Loaded Gun while Hunting.

And never have a Loaded gun in Your House or at your bedside...

Cookie

Reaction score
Where was the wife? lol. I would like to hear the dog's version of this. If he can shoot, he can talk.

Cookie

Reaction score
I saw my cat reading it on yahoo, and wanted to know where we kept the keys to the cabinet.

DonL

Jack of all trades Master of one
Reaction score
Where has Ian been ?

I am sure that he would have said "This is why Americans should not Possess Firearms"

He must be under the Radar...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks