Malware

Users who are viewing this thread

BobL43

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Nice Bob. That is a better way to check. If you know how dns works you do not need to click on a spy link to check it...............................

I made big time money on Y2K that never really happened.

I bought a generator for Y2K, which I basically never used but once, years later. I was not worried about my PCs, just the computers owned by big businesses and utilities. WOT a FIASCO!:mad:

Cookie

Reaction score
I believe in seizing the moment, not just the day. So, I made money during the Y2K. I saw an opportunity sitting there getting chemo, lol. This amused my husband. I was sitting there thinking.... hmm, now, what if? What if, those who are getting chemo at that moment when things decide to shut down, what happens? So, while getting chemo I sat there with my laptop and figured out a program for the what if's back then. It would be a backup basically, to allow a count for the drips, etc. Nothing would be lost so, no overdose would occur. More than just an alarm. Gladly, it didn't need to be used. But, in the event, it would had worked. I know very little about computers, will be the first to admit this, but, it was just a brainstorm and, it is still on the books in certain places for power failures, etc. My son who is an IT engineer probably set his computer back then, he was a young one then, but, he was born with a keyboard. :) I asked how Don made his millions, because I know alot of people tried to seize the year back then. It was an exciting time.

Last edited:

DonL

Jack of all trades Master of one
Reaction score
What and how did you make money onthe Y2k?

I was working in IT as a Network Engineer at the time. (NASA Contractor)

I bought a bunch of new Computers and worked a lot of OT to make sure everything worked.

It must have worked because we had zero problems.

Also had no problems with the computers we did not upgrade. (It was all a Scam, Even Bob fell for it. But he has a nice Genset)

NASA Users were happy to get new computers.

Your Tax Dollars at work.

And I do Thank You.

I also made good money every time a new virus came out. Most were false alarms. Same as this one...

Cookie

Reaction score
There is nothing wrong with making a buck. My husband had done contracting on the side using the computer and Auto Cad. I know their are lots of scams out there, but the link I provided was the same as Bob's and it didn't give anyone a virus. Was it to collect data? I have no idea. How does the average joe know what is real and what isn't? So, we just do the best we can. Sometimes, it is as good as it gets.

BobL43

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
I was working in IT as a Network Engineer at the time. (NASA Contractor)

I bought a bunch of new Computers and worked a lot of OT to make sure everything worked.

It must have worked because we had zero problems.

Also had no problems with the computers we did not upgrade. (It was all a Scam, Even Bob fell for it. But he has a nice Genset)

NASA Users were happy to get new computers.

Your Tax Dollars at work.

And I do Thank You.

I also made good money every time a new virus came out. Most were false alarms. Same as this one...
I thought my aluminum foil hat woud protect me from scams too;)

DonL

Jack of all trades Master of one
Reaction score
The aluminum foil hat was tried here, didn't work, lol.

I never did get in on the aluminum foil hat.

I did think that it was cool when they came out with a Microwave oven that you could put aluminum foil in.

Maybe I need a hat for the next end of the world.

Cookie

Reaction score
Ah, here it is noon already and I got not a lick of work done. I am without a doubt not ready for the end of the world. But, I will tell you what, my hat will be very fancy and flashy. :) My hat, shoes and bag will match.

BobL43

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Ah, here it is noon already and I got not a lick of work done. I am without a doubt not ready for the end of the world. But, I will tell you what, my hat will be very fancy and flashy. :) My hat, shoes and bag will match.
And make sure you use Reynolds non stick foil, so in case anything gooey flies at you, it won't stick. Very haute couture Cookie!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks