Malware

Users who are viewing this thread

Cookie

Reaction score
If anyone wants to check to makesure all is okay here is an URL, it should be green,

Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Spoke too soon. My laptop has problems now. I'll have to bring it somewhere to get it fixed. I hope it wasn't from clicking on the link.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Yeah. Something else is wrong. I tried the link with Sue's laptop, and her's is fine. It's what I'm posting this with.
I picked up some new anti-virus for my laptop and will try installing it again today.

DonL

Jack of all trades Master of one
Reaction score
Guess I missed this Post.

Clicking on the check link is what has many computers broke.

All mine are fine because I did not fall for the BS.

It was all a scam.

Cookie

Reaction score
I got the inns in the computer world, and then some, honestly, nothing wrong with the link I provided it was given to me from a reliable source and was also, on major networks; but, mostly, I put my mouth and money where my reliable source is and where he works. I tested it, nothing wrong with this computer. Nothing wrong with the link I provided.

DonL

Reaction score
It just seems weird how the Gov would setup a Site and tell you to go there Because you have Malware. Give me a Break.

I think they got your Cookies and other Information, including copyrighted Software and music list for their reading pleasure.

I know of no one that was infected, or got shut down that day.

A good example of how people jump, just because it was on the news.

Cookie

Reaction score
Well, if they got my information they got to be bored! LOL. I don't listen to music via the computer, only in the car, I visit only Terry's and my Cancer site, and for added fun, I sometimes, visit the other Cancer sites, ha ha ha ha ha. They got to be thinking, WOW! GET a life girl! Oh, wait I do like to visit the site, Purina, having to do with my favorite animals, cats. :) I like cats. They can have all the info they want. lol.

Ps. I don't jump well in stilettos. Berry berry dangerous.

Last edited:

DonL

Reaction score
I like your new pet Avatar. Is that a real picture ?

If that is your place then lucky You.

I think the whole Malware thing was more to track people that go to less than desirable websites.

Cookie

Reaction score
Although, I have loads of pictures like that which are mine, that particular one was sent to me, I think, he found it on the net. Not sure. But, the picture is great, I will have to put out little beds for mine. My neighbors get alittle bit upset at times because they think I bring in the deer, lol. It makes me laugh, and they are so serious. I am not outback breeding them. I got to admit, my back yard is an eyesore depending on what you think is nice to look at. I don't mow enough, and the deer love the long grass, and, I think, they are able to sense they are safe there. I have seen small herds back there lol. I love it. I am trying to teach them to eat more grass. Eat, eat... so, I don't have to mow. I am pleased with my wildlife. I sat out on the deck today, and watched first a rabbit. A great rabbit. Then, the albino groundhog. Then, Popcorn came down. Popcorn is honestly, a Cooper's hawk. He is fantastic. Don, he is something to behold. He is quite fully grown but, he still allows me to pet his head and pick up his foot and shake it. I don't know about you, but, to see and experience wildlife like this is so healing. Nothing like it. Come dusk, first one deer came then, another, then, 2 more, then little ones.... and, then, the bucks. At last count I had 12 in my yard. I am sure the neighbors were counting. LOL but, that is a low number. The other day in the afternoon, we had a rather bad collision at the intersection, some bozo decided to do something stupid. Who knows what. But, my elderly neighbor and I was standing there watching the fire trucks, the cops, all the EMR vehicles when, from the back of my house comes a doe. She walks up closer and closer. Marge, my neighbor was getting nervous saying, " that deer is going to kick us." Wow. So, I walked down a few feet and petted its head and nose, showing Marge, this is a nice deer. :)

I rememember being at work once, a long time ago, and my husband called me, I was with someone and couldn't pick up the phone, so he left this message:
"Mommy Too, mommy too, we got mean deer." I called him back when I could, thinking he was joking... and, there he was trapped in the van he was washing down back. He said, a buck was being protective of his family. He wanted me to come home to get him out. ha ha ha ha ha. He said, " these are YOUR deers."

By the time I got home, he was safe & sound and grilling out. Not deer steaks either. Hot dogs.

I guess there is always the chance Popcorn could bite, a deer could kick me, but, they could also, not, too. I am more afraid of relatives lol.

Yes, Don, I am very lucky to see and experience so much. There is nothing like it. I got 2 trees down in the back, that is filled all the time with woodpeckers. Beautiful Woodpeckers. I do a backyard bird count every year.

http://birds.audubon.org/great-backyard-bird-count

If you listen to the birds which I do, I love the Male Cardinals.... ever hear the word they say? :) it cracks me up every single, time.

Last edited:

BobL43

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
It just seems weird how the Gov would setup a Site and tell you to go there Because you have Malware. Give me a Break.

I think they got your Cookies and other Information, including copyrighted Software and music list for their reading pleasure.

Is Malware the old diishes from the old Mel's Diner on TV?

Jump? how high?

BobL43

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score

Its listed on the FBI Website though:

http://www.fbi.gov/news/stories/2011/november/malware_110911/DNS-changer-malware.pdf

Cookie

Reaction score
Here, I am like an old person today. :) I am reminiscing, I can hardly, wait to see what I will be like when I am 102. But, back in 98, I was hired at the FBI as a file clerk. OH, everything was so exciting. That was the days, if you remember, of Scully, and Agent Mulder of XFiles. My hair was red, and I was kidding with the kids that I would find out "what is out there!" It was so funny. The kids were intrigued that their mom was going to be like Scully...okay, I would be just a file clerk. lol. But, the month I was to start, I was also, introduced into another world, the world of the Big C. So, sadly, I turned the job down. But, I got the inns. :)

DonL

Reaction score

Nice Bob. That is a better way to check. If you know how dns works you do not need to click on a spy link to check it.

I do not use my ISPs Auto Assigned DNS, I set my own. It is a little harder to take over a IP address but even that can be done.

I still do not understand how they helped out, when all they needed to do is pull the plug on the Rouge servers.

Guess it made a lot of money for IT people that were jumping thru hoops.

I made big time money on Y2K that never really happened.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks