Making a rear drain toilet

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by Capt Bob, Jul 21, 2008.

1. Capt Bob

Capt Bob New Member

I am building a new bathroom in a workshop behind my house and I don't want to have to break up the slab floor and dig under the footer to install a toilet. Someone told me about a way to build a riser under the toilet to allow for the 3" drain pipe to make a 90 and go out the wall behind the toilet. Could you tell me if this is doable and mabe some do's & don'ts.
  2. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

WIth an elbow on 3", your pedestal would be pretty high...you should probably do it right and run it through the floor.
  3. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

toilet

Just get a floor mount rear outlet toilet and you won't have to cobble anything to make it fit.
  4. Redwood

Redwood Master Plumber

But then the added cost and limited selection will make busting floor look more and more attractive.
  5. Mikey

Mikey Aspiring Old Fart, EE, computer & networking geek

If it's a workshop toilet, whatthehell -- make it a real "throne" with a couple of steps up to the toilet if need be, red carpet, etc. The guys will love it. Put the fridge next to it so you can just reach out for a cold one.
  6. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

toilet

How much more will building a platform cost? And WHO NEEDS a large selection for a workshop toilet?