Mainstack configuration question

Users who are viewing this thread

urthboundmisfit

Reaction score
just like to get thoughts on this mainstack configuration, top double tee is for kitchen drain, and bathroom sink. bottom double tee is for toilet drain and shower drain, thoughts ?

Attachments

• 20141203_143159 (1).jpg
    20141203_143159 (1).jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 203

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
IN my opinion, "double tees" aka "crosses" are SELDOM a good idea for a drain, but because of the relative sizes of the main line and branches, it is acceptable. You DO NOT have a "double tee" for the toilet. You have a "side inlet sanitary tee" which is usually used for that application. IF I had installed that "Y" for the cleanout, I would have used it in place of the upper 45 so it would go directly into the horizontal line.

urthboundmisfit

Reaction score
IN my opinion, "double tees" aka "crosses" are SELDOM a good idea for a drain, but because of the relative sizes of the main line and branches, it is acceptable. You DO NOT have a "double tee" for the toilet. You have a "side inlet sanitary tee" which is usually used for that application. IF I had installed that "Y" for the cleanout, I would have used it in place of the upper 45 so it would go directly into the horizontal line.
Thank you for the reply and advice, as for the upper 45 clean-out, if I had done it the way suggested it put my clean-out below grade .

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks