Mainline Repair Still Leaks

Users who are viewing this thread

Kiko

Reaction score
The main line of my parents' sprinkler system was ruptured by their landscaper. It is a 1" black poly tube. I cut off the bad portion and clamped on a 1" hose connector using 2 worm gear clamps. I kept the line straight when repairing this and tightened down the clamps as much as I can, but the repair still leaks a bit. If this was on a zone, I wouldn't care, but since it is on the main line, it is always pressurized.

Do I have any other options for repairing this? I know they make compression fittings for PVC/PEX and shark fittings, but I don't think they work on the thinner walled poly pipe. Or do they? They also sell crimp-on clamps, but I didn't want to buy the expensive crimper, and not sure if those clamps will seal any better.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Black Poly?
You can buy new poly, fittings and hose clamps. You just need to replace whatever is leaking.
It normally goes back together real nicely.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks