Main shutoff location for the well.

Discussion in 'Pumps and Tanks Well Forum & Blog' started by jbhis, Aug 17, 2006.

1. jbhis

jbhis New Member

A house that I'm considering buying has a private water supply and is six years old. I had the home inspected and the inspector said that the main shutoff should be located between the pressure tank and the entry supply piping. Several people have said that this is incorrect.

What do you think?

I've included some pictures of what I'm talking about.

Attached Files:

2. got_nailed

got_nailed DIY Senior Member

Your cut off needs to be after the tank and switch. This way you don’t burn stuff up. by looking at your pic it looks like you have 2 shut off’s that feed the house. One is the yellow and one looks red. Every thing looks good in the pic but the wire that’s loose off the presser switch to the hole in the wall and the other wires floating around. But they are nothing to think about.

<edit> PS I missed something…

For got about a ground wire. Your electrical panel should have a copper wire that goes to the copper pipe with in 5 feet of where it enters the wall and it should also have a jumper to bond after the tank because the tank T can be removed for replacement and for repairs.
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2006
  3. speedbump

speedbump Previous member

It looks good to me. Never put a valve between the pump and tank/pressure switch. If someone closes it, poof goes the pump.

bob...
  4. jbhis

jbhis New Member

Thanks guys, I really appreciate it.