Main line clogged or venting issue

Users who are viewing this thread

rhino0628

Reaction score
Hey, I need some help. Here's whats going on. Two story house with toilets on main level and second floor. Both toilets don't flush or flush very slowly. I thought it was the main line, so I removed the main clean out plug and it was clear. So I left the cap off and flushed both toilets and they drained perfectly. So now I'm thinking it's a clogged vent. I also ran a snake down the main line 40ft and didn't hit anything. If I put the cap back on, the toilets don't flush again.

llouk

Reaction score
I have similar problem. toilets slow and ...

The toilets flush slowly, have to hold the handles down until finished for complete flush. Also noticed toilet gurgles while showering. What should I do? Not too handy with this sort of problem.
Thanks,:(

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
You have a partly clogged drain. It's time to call a plumber to auger it. Do not use chemicals, they will not work and will cause a hazard for the plumber.

llouk

Reaction score
I have similar problem. toilets slow and ...

Thanks, I will call a plumber. Hopefully not the line to the street! No digging is much preferred.:D

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
The only time a drain line has to be dug up is to repair or replace it. A clog is handled with a an auger. It does require a professional grade auger which is definitely not a DIY tool even if you could lay hands on one. The smaller size that are available for DIY usually are too small to be effective.

llouk

Reaction score
Thank you for the advice. Hopefully a more manageable solution. Glad not to anticipate digging project. Will call a plumber!
Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks