MADERA™ 15" HEIGHT 1.6 GPF FLUSHOMETER TOILET SYSTEM

Users who are viewing this thread

Mark Olenick

I've got a good memory. It's just short ;-/
Reaction score
Just wanted to see iv anyone out there installed this or similar.

Thoughts. Were private water (well) and have working pressure 50~70. Also has a 1 in supply line but I'm assuming I can plumb into 1/2 in pex after transition or should be it 3/4.

Any other thoughts appreciated

Gusherb94

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I would try to keep it 1" all the way from the main into the flushometer. 3/4" can maybe work if the pressure is high enough, but I personally wouldn't do that if I can get 1" to it without bombing the whole place.

If you can't or won't run the correct pipe size, then you should just go with a pressure assist or gravity toilet.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The least you can have is 1" to that valve.
Normally on flushometers, you main trunk lines are 1.5" and then 1" to the flushometer.
There is no tank at the toilet, so that 1.6 gallons has to come out of the wall in a hurry. Imagine someone in the shower and that thing unloads.
Not a nice thing to do to someone else.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
It will NEVER work properly if all you have is a 1/2" PEX feed. IT should be AT LEAST 1" PEX, and depending on far you have to run the line, maybe even 1 1/4"

Reaction score
I have a question. Will a flushometer work on a pressure assisted bowl? Since they are both powered by 'pressure' i wonder if the flushometer might be higher or equal to that of a pressure assist tank? Will it work possibly better on flushometer?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks