Maax Ella Sleek - No Roman Deck Filler Will Fit?

Users who are viewing this thread

Tim Dini

Reaction score
The Maax website shows a freestanding bathtub called Ella Sleek with a deck mounted tub filler. Our customer purchased the tub along with a Newport Brass 2430/01 tub filler with hand shower. After receiving the tub, I found that the Newport Brass valve system would not fit within the small space below the deck between the tub and the exterior shroud - especially including the hand shower.

Searching for a valve that would fit the allotted space - with or without a hand shower - has been unsuccessful so far. I called and spoke with Justin at Maax to ask the brand/model of the valve used in the pictures on their website. What I learned is that the pictures are fakes - meaning the valve is not actually installed on the tub deck. However, Justin assured me that there are deck mounted valves that will work on the Ella Sleek tub, but he was unable to tell me the names.

I asked him how he knew there were valves that would fit, and he replied that Maax has sold many Ella Sleek tubs, and that I was one of only a couple of calls he received about the problem in the years he has been working at Maax. When I suggested that perhaps all of the tubs were installed using a floor mounted or separate deck mounted faucet - he scoffed at me - basically expressing that my suggestion was absurd. He then said he would look into it and get back to me when he had an answer.

In the meantime, I'd like to know if anyone here has knowledge of a roman deck mounted tub filler that fits on the Maax Ella Sleek bathtub deck - with or without a hand sprayer assembly. The stumbling point is the allotted space below the deck - between the exterior shroud and the vessel.

http://www.maax.com/en/utilitypages...ductID={BBCE4104-C4FE-4420-816D-0F015DE8A51B}

maax_ella_7.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks