Lyons Tubs?

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by Nate R, Sep 23, 2007.

1. Nate R

Nate R New Member

2. Livin4Real

Livin4Real New Member

I have the same tub sitting in my living room now, waiting for me to install it in the bathroom. The wife liked it for the same reasons, big, built in armrests, headrest. After pulling it out of the box, it's solid, goes all the way to the floor since it's so deep so I don't think there is room/a need for support mortar under it.
  3. Nate R

Nate R New Member

Great! I liked that about the Sterling too, the fact that it didn't need a mortar bed and went all the way to the floor.

Does it come with decent instructions? Or at least a diagram of how they want the framing to be?
  4. Livin4Real

Livin4Real New Member

yes, and we got ours at the same place you saw yours, they had a pad of rough-in directions hanging next to the tub so you can tear one off and take it home with you. I haven't opened the wall surround boxes yet.
  5. Nate R

Nate R New Member

Thanks! I'll be picking ours up this weekend along with some drywall and insulation, once I borrow a truck.

It's on sale for $20 off this week.
  6. Nate R

Nate R New Member

Livin4Real:

Do you happen to still have the rough in instructions for your Tub around? Of course, I get ready to start laying out an alcove wall and can't find my instructions for the tub, and it's pretty much a blizzard outisde. And Lyons closed 5 minutes ago until next Wednesday. :-/

Hoping you might have them handy. Otherwise I'll go to where I bought it later tonight if this snow stops.
  7. Nate R

Nate R New Member

N/M. Ended up going to M*nards and they were able to print out a copy for me.
  8. Nate R

Nate R New Member

Livin4Real: Did you install yours yet? Did you put any mortar beneath it? Great Stuff? Nothing?