luke warm water at bath

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by kmp-fxsts, Jan 14, 2007.

1. kmp-fxsts

kmp-fxsts New Member

I have a single control mixer for my bath/shower in my 25 year old home. My problem is that I cannot get any more than lukewarm water from it even with the controls at full hot. The sink in the same bathroom performs as normal and provides hot water. Any suggestions?
  2. smartin684

smartin684 New Member

Change the anti-scald setting

If you are getting hot water from the sink, then the problem is probably in the anti-scald setting on the shower handle. Pull the handle off the shower control, and you should see some kind of semi-circular piece with gear like teeth in it. This is ajustable so that you can only let so much hot water in so as not to scald the user. This is adjustable. Try repositioning it so that it allowes more hot water through the valve. There shoudl be a + OR - marking on it. Hope this helps.
  3. norcal1

norcal1 Plumber/Owner

Sounds like a balancing spool problem...just replace the cartridge and you'll be taking hot showers in no time.

Good luck.