Low water pressure upstairs

Users who are viewing this thread

pecdx

Reaction score
Hi I'm having issues with a sudden water pressure change in my two upstairs bathrooms of my condo. The water pressure is noticeably lower in both the sinks and showers of bathrooms A & B, though the water is hot in all areas except the shower in bathroom B, where the water is only warmish. The water from the sink in bathroom B has also been noticeably "cloudy". The water pressure and temp are normal downstairs. My attached neighbors aren't having the same issue so I don't believe it to be a water main issue. I'm not sure if this is a DIY issue or if I need to call city water, a plumber, or someone to repair my water heater. If this sounds like a familiar situation, any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

Reach4

Reaction score
Temporarily remove the aerators in the bathroom, and see how the water flow is then.

Replace the filter element in your whole house filter, if you have one. Do you have a softener?

I suggest that you get a pressure gauge, with a garden hose thread, to help troubleshoot. You can get one locally for less than $20. While a 0 to 100 PSI unit would be nicer, the 0 to 200 PSI are quite useful and are commonly available. The water pressure not only helps you to understand the problem, it is useful in describing the problem to others. Is your washing machine upstairs or down? You can hook the gauge to a laundry tap. You can also connect the gauge to the WH drain.

A water heater problem would affect the downstairs water temperature too.

Last edited:

pecdx

Reaction score
Thank you, I'll get a gauge this evening. My washer is upstairs so I'll use that. I do not have a softener, despite my area being known for the hard water.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks