Low water pressure, pressure tank gauge

Discussion in 'Pumps and Tanks Well Forum & Blog' started by epeloke, Oct 28, 2012.

1. epeloke

epeloke New Member

Hello,

Today, we noticed our water pressure was extremely low. I checked out pressure tank and the gauge read 50 PSI. I turned on the spigot outside and the gauge instantly dropped to 10 psi, I turned it off and it jumped right back up to 50 psi. Any ideas as to what could be the issue and how I can get our water pressure back to normal?

Thanks!
  2. LLigetfa

LLigetfa DIYer, not in the trades

It's not a pressure problem but rather a volume problem. You need to determine what is limiting the volume.
  3. epeloke

epeloke New Member

What is the best way to determine this?

Thank you.
  4. LLigetfa

LLigetfa DIYer, not in the trades

Where is the gauge relative to the tank and spigot? What is between them that could restrict flow?

Maybe the bladder is busted and blocking the outlet of the tank. Have you tested the integrity of the bladder?

What is the pump doing during the draw test?
  5. epeloke

epeloke New Member

I have not yet tested the integrity of the bladder. I'm not sure how to do that but am looking it up now.

Thanks!