Low water pressure on well system.

Users who are viewing this thread

hills3rd

Reaction score
Suffering from low water pressure for some time, seems to be getting worse. Home on private well. Well-Rite 140 water tank. Cut in is 38 psi cut out is 58 psi. One thing I noticed is, after tank fills, the pressure creeps down to about 53 psi w/o anything running then seems to settle in there. Also have a RainSoft Classic Apollo V.2 Water softner - just had maintenece done. Any ideas?

Reach4

Reaction score
Like this?
index.php

See https://terrylove.com/forums/index....ls-after-pump-turns-off-but-levels-out.62065/

Where is the suffering? If you did not have a pressure gauge, would you have noticed anything?

Craigpump

In the Trades
Reaction score
I have a competitor who removes the pressure gauge from his tanks after the system is set up and running, for this very reason.

Wondering

Reaction score
How much air is in your tank? You know you have to drain it to check it. Why not just set the pressure up some. Maybe 45-65?? How big is your tank? I'm not familiar with a 140?. Oh and I wouldn't worry about the 5lb. loss of pressure. You could set your switch for 40-65, then after tank settles you will still be at 40-60. Maybe I am wrong, but I would try that.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks