Low water pressure after changing pressure switch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Cbr1grand

Reaction score
My pressure switch went bad on my well pump. I replaced switch with a 40/60 switch which is what it had before. I set pressure in bladder tank to 38 p.s.i. The pump now cycles fine but my water pressure is no where near as good as it was before I replaced switch. When I replaced switch I drained all air and water from system. I have a submersible pump thats only a few years old. :confused:

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
Just because the old switch had a factory preset of 40/60 does not mean that was the pressure setting. It may have been adjusted upward. If the pressure gauge is reading correctly, it should show what pressure you actually have. Did you compare the air pressure on the bladder to what the water pressure gauge shows?

Could it be that you are experiencing a flow restriction issue and not a pressure issue? When a system is drained and refilled, the surge of flow at refill can dislodge particulate that then clogs up control valves, aerators, and shower heads. This then reduces flow which could be perceived as poor pressure.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks