Low water flow in Kitchen sink, but not rest of house

Users who are viewing this thread

cmjb13

Reaction score
Hi,

Just purchased a house with septic & well water.

All other house faucets have good water flow except the kitchen sink. Made sure all valves are open. Water still does not flow good. Hot and cold has the same slow flow. Removed faucet aerator and water still does not flow good.

We are having construction done so I have not been able to try this yet, but I will turn off the supply, disconnect the hose from the fixture end and place it in a bucket. I will turn the water on and check the flow. That should rule out the fixture. My gut says it's the fixture, but who really knows.

I suppose the issue could be the hose between the faucet shutoff valve and the fixture.

Is there anything else I can try besides those two things? If they don't work, I may have to call a plumber.

Thanks for any advice.

cmjb13

Reaction score
Well, I replaced the fixture and that was indeed the issue. However, something strange happened during the process that I didn't expect.

I turned off the valve and unscrewed the hose and water just kept trickling out. I figured a small amount would still be in the pipe, but it just kept dribbling out non stop. I shutoff the main water feed (well) into to the house and water still kept coming out.

I can't understand why water kept trickling out even though I shut off the valve at the sink and shutoff the main supply to the house.

Maybe there was just that much water stuck in the pipes?

CountryBumkin

Reaction score
I suspect that whatever clogged up your faucet (calcium, etc.) is preventing the faucet's shutoff valve from closing fully. Turning off the main supply probably would have eventually stopped the dripping once the house's water pressure/lines drained down enough.

Reach4

Reaction score
How does the altitude of the faucet compare to the top of the water heater? If it is on the same floor, that could be the source of a lot of water. While you are thinking about it, I would flush the water heater. You might be surprised how much debris is lurking in the bottom of the WH. There are techniques.

Try opening other valves, such as the tub, to let in air and let water clear the pipes quicker.

How is your water? Any smells or colors? You should get a fairly comprehensive water test for your raw water. I like kit60 from http://www.karlabs.com/watertestkit/

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks