low voltage remote control dimmer

Users who are viewing this thread

Yersmay

Writing, constructionDIY Member
Reaction score
I am hoping that someone knows of a dimming system that will work for me... I built a bookcase and am in the process of planning a low voltage lighting system. There will be 3 separately controlled items -- There will be four LED strips that will be dimmed together. Next, there are two low voltage cans that need to be dimmed together. And finally, a single low voltage can that needs to be dimmed all by itself.

I already have the transformer but now I am looking for a multi-channel low voltage remote control system that will accomplish what I've described. I have searched around and I seem to be having some trouble finding this. The multi channel dimmers all seem to be configured so they control a multi-colored LED strip. But that is different than what I need.

The guts of the system will be placed above the cabinet, behind the crown moulding -- I mention this because there may not be a direct line of sight for a remote signal. It is my understanding that a radio frequency remote will work in this case.

Thank you in advance.

Reaction score
I hope you know that LED strips do not need a transformer, but rather a driver.

They need smooth DC, the details of which are beyond my ability to describe. Obviously they are readily available.

What you are looking for sounds VERY custom and I will be surprised if you find what you need in a catalog.

DonL

Jack of all trades Master of one
Reaction score
You may want to use a dimmer like this one ;

http://www.jameco.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10001_10001_2153140_-1

It is good for 8 amps Max. at 12-24 Volts DC. Rectify the AC output of your transformer. Jameco sells rectifiers.

Then you could use a X10 or similar RF remote for control.

Jameco also sells parts to make Robots , So that books can be selected and brought to your arm chair.

All you would need then is a Membership to Weight Watchers.

Enjoy.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks