Low pressure at zone 4

Users who are viewing this thread

NedNimrod

Reaction score
Hi to All,
My system has 4 zones. Three put out a goodly amount of water. The pressure is abt 40 lbs. The 4th zone starts out ok with enough water and pressure but the pressure starts to drop immediately from 40 and in about 1 minute it's down to 17 lbs with with a big decrease in water. It remains at 17 for the whole time.
What is causing this? I don't see any real wet spots in the lawn.
Thanks,
Ned

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
A leak or broken head would be the first suspect. Otherwise, check manual operation of the vavle, and make sure it is not throttled down.

Verdeboy

In the Trades
Reaction score
Could be an underground leak that hasn't made itself obvious yet. You may also have a partial blockage in the line or in the valve. Or, just too many heads on that zone.

Verdeboy

In the Trades
Reaction score
NedNimrod said:
I have less heads on this zone than the others.
Did you recently do any work on that zone in which you could have clogged the line with dirt or stones? It's really easy to do that even if you're just replacing a broken head.

NedNimrod

Reaction score
No, I haven't done anything for a long time. Is there anyway to test the line?

Verdeboy

In the Trades
Reaction score
Just start removing heads until you find where the pressure drops.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks