low hot water pressure.

Users who are viewing this thread

CanOfWorms

Reaction score
IMAG0680.jpg
I own a two family home. About two months ago we moved from upstairs to downstairs. The new tenant is complaining that the hot water pressure is low. There is an old washer hookup in the basement on the upstairs line from before the upstairs had a washer in the unit and that line has very good pressure. The only thing other than not use the water up there for about three months I've done was install a shutoff valve. If memory serves I cooked it a little. It turns a little hard. It has this little bleeder knob on it. I would just replace the valve, but pressure downstairs is very good.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I know what you mean when you say the "pressure is low", but it's likely not low pressure, it's low flow. Lots of folks confuse the two, so don't feel too bad. I would venture a guess that the valve got too hot and is not opening completely.

CanOfWorms

Reaction score
I'm not positive. But I replaced the valve and no diff. I'm pretty sure it is a case of sediment buildup on the filters on all fixtures. I cleaned the faucet and it works as it should. I now have to do the rest.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks