Low Hot Water Pressure In Entire House

Users who are viewing this thread

thudak

Reaction score
The pressure in the hot water lines throughout my house is less than 50% of the cold water line pressure. The house is nine years old with 3/4" and 1/2" copper supply lines. All faucet filters have been removed and cleaned. The hot water heater has been drained to remove sediment. All valves have been checked to insure they are in the full open position. When I drained the hot water heater to remove sediment the pressure was fine at the drain valve but remained very low at all hot water outlets. The reduction in hot water pressure has been gradual over the last year or two. What do you think could be causing this problem?

e-plumber

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Hot Water Pressure

The HW outlet side of the water heater could be clogged with internal corrosion. The piping may need to be diassembled to check/repair it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks