Low flow out of hot side of faucet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Phillbo

Reaction score
Hello all. I have a double handled faucet in my bathroom and there is very poor flow out of the hot side. Cold side flows as expected.

Any advice on first items to check?

Thank you much!

Kreemoweet

In the Trades
Reaction score
Make sure the shutoff valve for the hot side is open all the way. Make sure the flex tubes (if any) are not kinked. Take the
hot side cartidge/valve stem off and examine it for problems. Ditto for the shutoff valve valve stem. Replace the
gunked-up galvanized piping supplying the hot water. Etc, etc.

Phillbo

Reaction score
Shut off valve and line appear to be clear. I pulled the line off the faucet and it flows real fine. I'll pull the faucet and check the cartridge.

Thanks

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
shutoff-rubber-bits.jpg

Sometimes the rubber washer on the hot side starts to break up and float upstream to the inside of the faucet.
I like to replace these with 1/4 turn shutoffs for that reason. Many of good faucet has been ruined by the old stops.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks