Low flow from hot water tub faucet

Discussion in 'Shower & bathtub Forum & Blog' started by rack04, Nov 29, 2010.

1. rack04

rack04 New Member

Just recently I have noticed that the hot water flow coming to my tub faucet has decreased. Is this a sign that the valve cartridge needs to be replaced or something else? The house was built in the 50's and I have lived in it for a year. I would guess that the faucet is 20 years old. I have a complete bathroom rebuild scheduled for next year so I would rather this be a fix rather than a faucet replacement. Thanks.
  2. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

Some tub faucets have filter screens on their inlet...if yours do, they could be clogged. From the 50's, you could have galvanized water pipes you may be looking at a repipe as they age, they their internal diameter decreases down to a soda straw before they start to leak.
  3. rack04

rack04 New Member