Low Brass Flange

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by Alex-, Mar 8, 2012.

1. Alex-

Alex- New Member

Hi,

I recently redid my bathroom floor due to what I guess was a leaking wax ring. Pulled up nasty particleboard under luan/sheet vinyl that was hiding it all.

I replaced all of it with a nice tile floor, and (as you've probably guessed) my closet flange is about 1/8" under the new floor level.

I have what looks like a 4" brass closet flange on a 4" copper waste line. The new plywood subfloor/hardibacker is wedged under it pretty nicely so it shouldn't move.

I bought Quik-Fix's Close Flange Extender kit from my local Lowes (http://www.quickfix****************.com/prod02.htm).
    Do you know if I can use this on a brass flange or would you recommend another product?

I tried the email address on their site (delivery failed), and their phone number (nobody picked up), so I'm at a loss for advice.

Thanks,
    Al
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2012
  2. cacher_chick

cacher_chick Test, Don't Guess!

You should have removed the flange and then finished the floor, as the flange should be on top of the tile.

As long as the extension and flange are flat and can be sealed together properly, it should work.