Low bay lighting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Rachel S

Reaction score
We have a warehouse with low bay lights that are dying on us. They are currently plugged into 6-20r receptacles. I'd like to switch them out to l6-15r receptacles as it easier to get plug/cord/hook kits when replacing the fixture. I've replaced standard household receptacles, but is there anything different that needs to happen when dealing with these?

Reach4

Reaction score
You want to switch out to locking receptacles. I don't see a problem. Turn off the power.
Make sure nobody can turn on the breaker while you are working.

The voltage for 240VAC to ground is only 120 VAC. 208 is 208 VAC to ground. But there should be no surprises.

JWelectric

Electrical Contractor/Instructor
Reaction score
The voltage for 240VAC to ground is only 120 VAC. 208 is 208 VAC to ground. But there should be no surprises.
240 and 208 both will result in 120 volts to ground. 240 is 240 between any two ungrounded conductors and 208 is 208 between any two ungrounded conductors.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks