Lost Water Pressure

Users who are viewing this thread

wishon1

Reaction score
I was running my water in the shower when I suddenly noticed a loss of water pressure, within minutes I lost pressure altogether. I have a well with a 30/50 square d pressure regulator. When I went to diagnose the problem I could hear the submersible well pump kick on for about 5 seconds then shut off, and kick back on and off again about every 30 seconds. My pressure on the gauge was at zero but rose to 15 psi until the pump kicked back off. It was constantly running on and off but never building more than 15 psi and than it would immediatly go back to zero pressure. I finally kicked off my breaker so I wouldn't burn the pump up. I also checked the tank pressure and it was at 45psi. Does anyone know what the problem could be? Bad Pressure switch I hope? Dry well I hope not? Bad well pump? Bad pressure tank. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Eric

wishon1

Reaction score
I forgot to memtion that it is a we have a water softner as well but that shouldn't make a difference in the pressure

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
Shut everything down and check the bladder tank...do you know how?

Speedbump

Reaction score
Kicking off and back on in 30 seconds sounds like the thermal overload protector. This is usually in the motor which means there is a problem with the pump/motor. It will probably have to be pulled.

When you do like Cass suggested, see if the pressure switch's points are opening when the pump shuts off or if they stay closed.

bob...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks