Lost screw in toilet

Users who are viewing this thread

Dmwesq

Reaction score
I was disassembling the flush valve in a Toto Supreme toilet to replace the gasket, and one of the heavy nuts that hold the screws to the valve fell off and appears to have gone down the toilet (no pun intended). The other one fell off and stayed right in place, but the other one is nowhere to be found. I'm afraid to do anything else. Could it be stuck on the way into the bowl, or did it go down the drain already? There was a small amount of water that went into the opening when I moved the flush valve, but the tank was pretty much empty save for that small amount of residual water.

Attachments

• IMG_2117.jpeg
    IMG_2117.jpeg
    36.3 KB · Views: 195

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Time to get the wet vac out and see if you can retrieve it.

If you are replacing the seal under the flushvalve because you're losing water, consider getting a different flapper instead.
The new Korky has been giving me problems with the flush valves one the one-piece TOTO toilets.
You can try the old style rubber ones, or the new adjustable Fluidmaster flapper.

Dmwesq

Reaction score
Wet vac didn't help, so I have to assume the nut is gone. Hope I can find a replacement.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks