Loss of Hot Water in one bathroom only

Users who are viewing this thread

Rogue150

Reaction score
A mystery to me:

Master bath with sink, shower, and whirlpool tub has hot water and good pressure at all faucets...UNTIL hot water is used at any other fixture in the house. Then the hot water stops flowing (almost instantaneously) to any fixture in the master bath in question. Any ideas?

Thanks

Cookie

Reaction score
You probably have a total clog in the nipple coming out of the water heater on the hot and or, cold side.

Rogue150

Reaction score
OK, it's taken some time but I suspect I have a crossover at a handheld shower attached to the whirlpool tub....can anyone identify this valve in the photo? We have never used the handheld shower, in fact the hose for the handheld head is not even hooked up. The head is a Delta, but no other identifying marks. House is around 20 years old and to my knowledge this is the original valve.

Thanks!!!

photo.jpg

bean

Reaction score
OK, it's taken some time but I suspect I have a crossover at a handheld shower attached to the whirlpool tub....can anyone identify this valve in the photo? We have never used the handheld shower, in fact the hose for the handheld head is not even hooked up. The head is a Delta, but no other identifying marks. House is around 20 years old and to my knowledge this is the original valve.

Thanks!!!

View attachment 15172

hi Rogue,

I found this site that has photos and pics of most stems available so maybe you can match it from them that way.

http://plumbingparts.org/

Hope it helps a bit.

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
A crossover will not stop water from flowing out the hot taps. It will simply dilute the water so it is less hot.

Rogue150

Reaction score
You are correct, my original post was not clear. The water continues to flow, but turns colder.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks