loosing water

Users who are viewing this thread

woodmaster

Reaction score
i have a new well pump last year new pressure tank and pressure switch this year but ever sence the new tank if we use alot of water all at once the pressure drops to 0 and as soon as it does i go down flik the switch and up comes the pressure all is good until the next time .I drained the tank so many times awhile checking to make sure all the pressures were set right still loosing pressure .I have ask other plummers and they say my well is running out but then i tell them i can go down reset the switch and boom lots of water again any ideas would be great thanks

R

Rancher

woodmaster said:
as soon as it does i go down flik the switch and up comes the pressure all is good until the next time
Explain the flik the switch statement... is this at pressure switch that is reset via a lever switch on the side, or are you talking about a circuit breaker?

woodmaster said:
I drained the tank so many times awhile checking to make sure all the pressures were set right still loosing pressure.
You replaced the pressure tank, I think there is too much pressure in it, no matter how many times you have checked it, let out 5psi and see if that fixes the problem.

woodmaster said:
I have ask other plummers and they say my well is running out
Plumbers have no clue how wells and pressure tanks work, (sorry guys).

Rancher

woodmaster

Reaction score
it's the reset on the pressure switch i have the square D with low pressure cut-off .I just took 5psi out of my tank have to wait and see the outcome thanks for the advice

R

Rancher

Good Luck and let us know how it turns out. The symptom of the pressure dropping to zero indicates the tank bottomed out, i.e. completely out of water, and of course when that happened your manual reset pressure switch would trigger.

Rancher

woodmaster

Reaction score
still having pressure drop

i took 5 psi out of tank though if was woorking a bit better but not 100% so i took 3 more psi out . then my wife called and said we have no water and it won't come back on.sure enough had to play with the switch square d untill water came back up but really slow.when it was empty i checked pressure in tank it was 27 so i have a new 30 50 switch to compare the new old one to and set it the same.ready to call in a pro and hopfully not get taken to the cleaners any ideas i can try thanks

R

Rancher

Did you have the well drilled, and know how much it produces...

If not, I'm going to hazard guess and say your well is running out of water, you may want to consider a storage tank and throttling back the well pump to not over pump the well.

Rational: If you didn't install that square D switch with the positive cut out, then the previous owner knew the well was a low producer and didn't want to burn up the pump so he got that switch as a fail safe device.

Rancher

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks