Looks like a delta 600 - but not - any ideas? need new valve

Users who are viewing this thread

Personalt

Reaction score
Any idea what type of faucet this is? I thought it was a delta 600 or similar. My original problem was handle broken and trim scratched. I bought a delta 600 kit thinking I would use the handle and and the trim and save the internal parts from a later day

• The handle goes up/down/left right like a delta 600.
  • There is some markings on the copper trim from 'Ace' as in ace hardware I assume. But no markings that I could find that could indicate original brand. I am assuming the previous owner replaced the trim with trim from ACE.
  • stem that goes in to the handle is much thicker then delta 600 and takes a screw hole in the the center of the handle rather then a screw that applies pressure to side of 'arm'
  • 'cap' is different thread then a delta. It looks to be the same size but it is not. When you attempt to screw it in the size is slightly different or has a slightly thread. Looks like it might fit if you didnt care if you cross threaded it :)
  • I started to pull the valve and it separated in half, the back half was plastic. The back half had two holes and the springs with washers in them. Holes were horizontal in orientation. Kinda like what I have seen in other faucets as part of the brass valve.

Attachments

• 20140709_202244.jpg
    20140709_202244.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 370
Last edited:

Personalt

Reaction score
thanks.. I dont think it is delta 602 either though..
  • the stem is round, just bigger then the delta 600 & 602
  • the delta 602 like the delta appears to have small tubes connecting the rear part of the valve body to the front. Ie the part you worry about snapping when tristing off the cpa. this valve is not like that, the body is one piece.
  • the stem doesnt connect to ball. the stem swivels and pushes a peice of plastic up/down/left/right. that plastic is trapezoidal in shape has two holes that line up with the holes/springs/washers that are normally in the back brass part of the valve body. However on this faucet the springs sit in a plastic seat that sides inside the brass valve body.
maybe I need to pop the valve off today and take a picture.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
The Valley, at least the ones I have seen, use a small stem just like the Delta, and do not hae a screw into the stem to hold the handle. I have never seen a pressure balanced Valley, but it might have a cartridge such as you describe.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks