Looking for solution to drain a bar sink

Users who are viewing this thread

ellud

Reaction score
Hi All,

Great site with lots of good info.

I'm currently finishing my basement and the spot for the bar is nowhere near the waste lines. There is a 2" line directly overhead coming from the kitchen sink and dishwasher but that's it. I could drain it along the perimeter walls but it would be at least a 40 ft run to the ejector pit. I'm not sure its worth all the work. I'm definately not willing to bust up the basement floor either. I'll just make it a dry bar before I do that.

I have found the Sanivite pumps but can't get a good idea for how well they work. Also, I would one of these vent without sucking out the p-trap on the sink. There is no vent line nearby.

I'm thinking there is no real good solution to this however the sump is directly below the sink.;)

Thanks in advance.

Prashster

Reaction score
You can use a greywater pump in a 3-5 gal basin. If yr clever you can put it behind the wall in a storage space.
Confirm this, but I think bkz it's a greywater sump, it doesn't have to be sealed, and is ok to be exposed. You might not have to vent it either if it's open. But confirm that too.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks