Looking for people in Western WA. who have the recalled Flushmate III toilet system ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Rthompson

Reaction score
My name is Richard Thompson I am a reporter with KIRO-TV in Seattle. I'm trying to find folks in Western Washington (preferably from Olympia to Seattle) who are dealing with or have dealt with the Flushmate III recall. Does anybody know someone in Washington state who had a toilet equiped with this system that actually exploded ? We have also heard that the retrofit kit that is being sent to consumers is complicated (for many consumers) and many folks have ended up calling plumbers to fix the issue?

Thank you for your time I appreciate the help.

Richard Thompson
KIRO-TV
South Sound Bureau Chief
email: rthompson@kirotv.com
cell 206-718-9610

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
There's an extensive thread on here about the issue already, complete with links to video of exploding and exploded toilets, including a guy whose toilet exploded within minutes of his kid using the bathroom. There are also a variety of complaints from people about how the thing performed after the retrofit was installed, and, yeah, it's not a DIY job for anybody who isn't handy, but they don't pay for the plumber time to install the kit.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks