Looking for name of this CI fitting

Users who are viewing this thread

Tom12GA

Reaction score
I have searched repeatedly but cannot find a picture or name for this cast iron fitting.

It was used on a vent line, on the top floor...when turned sideways, it will fit behind a wall. Does anyone have a name or picture of this vent stack piece? Thanks.

vent-pipe-double.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
If the top and bottom fit inside a wall, a "single" pipe would have also, so the only reason for that one would be so that another pipe, or pipes, could cross past it.

Tom12GA

Reaction score
If the top and bottom fit inside a wall, a "single" pipe would have also, so the only reason for that one would be so that another pipe, or pipes, could cross past it.

Thanks HJ,

I have only seen this pipe one time & honestly, I have no clear idea what the purpose of such a cast piece was...but the replacement was bought by my plumber less than 15 years ago.

Maybe an old timer can shed light on its name and purpose.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks