Looking for my faucet make and/or model

Users who are viewing this thread

Marcosan

Reaction score
My bathroom faucet handle is leaking and I am trying to repair it. Removed the handle, however have not figured out how to remove the "bell" around the cartridge to I can get to it. Do not know the faucet make or model (came with the house when we bought it over 12 years ago), so unable to find instructions online.

Have included a picture of my faucet with this thread. If anyone can help either identify the faucet model or have an idea on how to remove the "bell", it would be appreciated.

Thank you
DSC_0144.JPG
DSC_0145.JPG

TruckeeTrout

Reaction score
I'll hazard a guess that it's an American Standard. I finally got the nerve to crank on the packing nut hard enough to get the cartridge out. The cartridge, at least on mine, is a common part available at Home Depot or Ace Hardware: Model # 994053-0070A/H.

You can remove the "bell" by first CAREFULLY prying the gold-colored cap off. It will come off. A thin but sturdy piece of plastic works best. Once off you should see a screw slot - loosen it and the bell will come off. A Crescent wrench can unscrew the packing nut. You now have the cartridge in your hand. It should have a part number like PPO GF30 on it.

Good luck!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks