Looking for home softener and filtration in Tampa, FL

Users who are viewing this thread

Steelcity

Reaction score
Closing on a new home today in Tampa with no softener or filter in place. Had Culligan come out and give me the show and present me with a $4,200 system for softener/conditioner and under the sink RO system. WQA this, WQA that. Told the lady that I'm going to research some more and she got upset. If I'm spending $4,000 on anything I'm not just going to jump right on in without looking around some more. I stumbled across this forum and I think it turned out to be a good thing for me.

Test numbers from Culligan are TDS of 233, pH 7.0, chloramine 6.0 ppm, and hardness of 14.

In our current starter home, I installed a Kenmore unit which served it's purpose for the 4 years we were here. However, we still drank bottled water since there wasn't a filtered system in place. We will be at the new place for 10+ years hopefully so looking for a better system. I want to be able to cook and drink the water that comes from my kitchen faucet and refrigerator. The house is on septic and I was told that it would be a bad idea to run the drain line into the septic. There is also a dry well in the rear of the property so that could be an option as well or even a rock garden I guess. The system would be for 2 adults with two dogs. House is 3 bed, 2.5 bath, and a pool. Any help or recommendations in the Tampa area would be greatly appreciated. For those familiar with the area, the house is located off of Race Track Rd and Hillsborough.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks